May I appeal the initial Notice to Abate I receive?

Yes. Any person who receives a Notice to Abate may appeal by delivering a written request for a hearing to the Clerk of the Board’s Office within ten days from the issuance of the Notice to Abate, along with payment of the appeal fee. The written request shall include a statement of all facts supporting the appeal.  See Ordinance Section G-IV 7.9 Appeals Process for further clarification.

Show All Answers

1. As a property owner in Nevada County, what is my responsibility regarding vegetation management on my land?
2. What is Public Resources Code 4291?
3. What are the main differences between Nevada County’s Ordinance and Public Resources Code 4291?
4. What is the 50% cost share associated with Nevada County’s Ordinance?
5. How do I work with neighbors who may not have defensible space on their land?
6. What are the private roadway clearance requirements associated with Nevada County’s Hazardous Vegetation Ordinance?
7. How do I file a complaint regarding a violation of Nevada County’s Ordinance?
8. What happens if my property does not pass an initial inspection for a violation of Nevada County’s Ordinance?
9. Who will be inspecting my property for violation(s) of Nevada County’s Ordinance?
10. May I appeal the initial Notice to Abate I receive?
11. Can the Office of Emergency Services recommend a defensible space contractor?
12. Are there resources for residents who may need financial assistance?