Where can I dispose of green waste?

In western county, green waste can be disposed at the County McCourtney Road Transfer Station for a fee.  Waste Management operates the transfer station and also offers home based green waste cart pickup service.  http://www.wm.com/location/california/nevada_county/nevada_county/index.jsp

Information for the Truckee area can be found on the Town’s website here:

The Nevada County Firesafe Council annually conducts a free or low-cost neighborhood green waste event scheduled over several days/weeks in the Spring.  Details  on future events can be found here: http://www.areyoufiresafe.com/

Show All Answers

1. What are the defensible space laws?
2. There are areas of concern in my neighborhood. What is the best way to remedy them?
3. I’ve tried talking to neighbors and working with Firewise Communities to create change but it isn’t working. Where can I report a concerning property? Can someone force them to fix it?
4. I’m a renter and my landlord is not managing the property. What should I do?
5. Where can I dispose of green waste?
6. Are there any grants available to help me pay for cleaning up my property?
7. What is permissible at the green waste drop sites?
8. Can I get a schedule of planned large clearing projects?
9. Where can I get materials for my home to make it more fire-resistant?
10. How can I find out if I’m in a Firewise Community or learn how to start one?
11. What are the building codes for vents?
12. Are there local community emergency exercises?
13. What has been the County’s community outreach effort?
14. Does the County have a wildfire plan?
15. Is there a local wildfire task force?