How do I apply?

You may apply for Aid & Attendance or Housebound benefits by Department of Veterans Affairs (Not recommended) or you may complete Information to Apply for Aid & Attendance and VA Form 21-2680 Informal Claim. Completed applications can be emailed, faxed or mailed to this office. We are a county office and there are no charges for this service.


In addition you will need to get the following forms completed.


  • VA Form 21-2680 Examination for Housebound Status or Permanent Need for Regular Aid and Attendance. Must be completed by an MD.
  • Care Expense Statement. To be completed by Assisted Living Facility or Home Care Provider and also signed by the veteran or widow.

Show All Answers

1. What is VA Pension for veterans?
2. What are the Periods of War?
3. Who is eligible?
4. What is countable income for veterans’ pension eligibility purposes?
5. What about net worth?
6. Are there any exclusions to income or deductions that may be made to reduce countable income?
7. How does VA calculate your pension?
8. What are Aid & Attendance and Housebound benefits?
9. How do I apply?
10. If I am already receiving monthly payments or a service-connected disability can I get a VA pension too?
11. What are the maximum annual pension rates?
12. What if I am receiving DIC payments because my husband died in service or of a service connected disability?