How can I change my zoning?

All zoning must be consistent with the County's adopted General Plan. In many instances, changes to the zoning map will also require a change to the General Plan map. In order to amend the General Plan, you must be able to demonstrate that the change is in the public interest ("What public benefit will result from the change?"), and that the change is consistent with General Plan Goals and Policies. You should also evaluate whether there have been significant changes to infrastructure in the project area, e.g., "What new services are available to your property that were not available when the current General Plan took effect?" For specific questions and discussion about amending either the zoning or General Plan, you should make an appointment with a County Planner by calling 530-265-1222.

Show All Answers

1. What are the fees for different Planning Department services?
2. How do I make a request for project notification?
3. What is my zoning?
4. How can I change my zoning?
5. How do I get a map of my property?
6. Can my property be subdivided?
7. Are there any environmental constraints on my property?
8. What are my building setbacks?
9. Can I put a Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) on my property?
10. Who is authorized to prepare biological inventories in the unincorporated County?
11. How do I file a land use complaint?
12. Is my property in a floodplain?
13. Can I have animals on my property?
14. What are the timelines for processing land use permits?