The Nevada County Behavioral Health Department is inviting all stakeholders to review and comment on an Amendment to Nevada County’s Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Fiscal Year 2021/2022 Annual Plan Update for a period of 30 days from December 6, 2021 to January 6, 2022. The Mental Health Services Act, also known as Prop 63, is funded by a 1% tax on personal income over $1 million per year, and is designed to expand and transform California’s county mental health systems.
This amendment incorporates changes to the current Fiscal Year Plan due to higher than anticipated revenues in Fiscal Year 20/21. Priorities for funding were one-time investments and expansions that align with community needs and the existing Three-Year MHSA Plan. Major changes included in this amendment includes:
• One-time and strategic increases for currently funded PEI and CSS Providers to cover one-time capital costs and certain programmatic increases
• New PEI Programs: LGBTQ+ support in high schools and Community Crisis Response
• Set-aside for Project Based Housing: lease and/or purchase of permanent supportive housing for individuals with serious mental illness
To view the Amendment to the MHSA Fiscal Year 2021/2022 Annual Plan Update, go to www.mynevadacounty.com/mhsa.
Written public comments from interested parties related to the Amendment to the MHSA Fiscal Year 2021/2022 Annual Plan Update are to be provided in writing by 5PM on January 6th, 2022. Public comments may be submitted in writing to NCBHD at MHSA@co.nevada.ca.us or via US mail to:
Mental Health Services Act Coordinator
Nevada County Behavioral Health Department
500 Crown Point Circle, Suite 120
Grass Valley, CA 95945
A Public Hearing will take place at the Mental Health Board Meeting on January 7, 2022.
Meeting ID: 859 9517 0904
Phone: 1 408 638 0968
Please contact the MHSA Coordinator at (530) 265-1790 (Voice), (800) 735-2922 (TTY), or email@example.com if you need:
• A hard copy of this posting and the document or
• A disability related reasonable accommodation to participate in this event by December 31, 2021.