May 16, 2023 3:20 PM
May 16, 2023 - Construction start-up for the 2023 season - Contractor Herbeck Engineering will be re-mobilizing operations for the 2023 season soon providing a punch list and schedule by the end of May. Punchlist items will include some minor shoulder...
June 2, 2020 4:32 PM
This project consists of road rehabilitation and shoulder widening on 6.5 miles of Donner Pass Road beginning at the Soda Springs exit and ending at the Truckee town limit east of the summit. Nevada County received California Federal Lands Access Program...
August 29, 2022 10:36 AM
August 29 through September 1 - Donner Pass Final push for completion: The Donner Pass Road Project is nearly complete with our contractor, Herback Engineering Contractors, finishing up a substantial portion of the project by the end of this week.
Work to be completed this week (August 29-Sept 1) includes:
- Placement of signage, snow poles, and erosion control
The remainder of the scheduled work includes:
- September 6 through September 29 - AT & will be working on adjusting their utility vaults beginning the week of September 6.
- October (dates unknow) Final road striping will be completed in October.
Traffic Control for this week (Aug 29-Sept 1) for the east side of Donner Pass Road, from the summit to the Town of Truckee limits, will be as follows:
- Open to traffic Monday August 29th and Tuesday August 30th.
- Closed to traffic on Wednesday August 31 and reopening on Thursday September 1.