Dating Violence Warning Signs Quiz
Take Our Dating Violence Warning Signs Quiz!About three out of every four dating relationships of high school students in Nevada County are healthy. Yours should be, too!
- Are you ever frightened of your partner's temper?
- Does she/he get jealous when you hang out with your friends or your family?
- Have you stopped hanging out with them to keep your partner from getting mad?
- Is the person you are dating really nice sometimes and really mean other times?
- Does your partner make promises to change, but it never lasts very long?
- Does your partner want to spend all of their time with you?
- Are you constantly saying: "I'm sorry"? Does your partner blame you for everything that goes wrong?
- Are you afraid to say "no" or disagree with your partner? Are you afraid to break up with your partner?
- Has your partner said "I love you" early in the relationship, before you've really had time to get to know each other? Does she/he demand the same commitment from you?
- Does your partner embarrass you, call you names, or make you feel stupid, either in private or in front of friends? Does your partner say you're making a big deal out of nothing when you complain about it?
- When the person you're dating gets angry, does she/he tell you that "you make them" act that way? Or do they say they can't help it if they have a short temper?
- Does your partner constantly check up on you, question you about where you're going and what you're doing, expect that you answer their messages immediately?
- Are you embarrassed to tell your friends or family about how your partner treats you?
- Do you apologize to others for her/his behavior?
- Do you feel pressured or forced into having sex? Does your partner make you feel guilty if you say "no"? (i.e." if you loved me, you'd do it" or "if you don't I'll find someone else who will")
- Do you feel like nothing you do is ever good enough for your partner?
- Has your partner ever threatened to commit suicide or hurt him/herself if you break up with her/him?
- Does your partner ever blame alcohol or drugs for his/her behavior?
- Have you been hit, kicked or shoved, by your partner, even once?
- When you grew up, did your father ever hit or scare your mother? Were you physically or emotionally abused as a child?