Military & Overseas Voter Information

Qualifications For Military or Overseas Voters

You can register to vote in Nevada County if all of the following are true:

  • You are a citizen of the United States
  • You are not in prison for the conviction of a felony
  • You have not been found by a court to be mentally incompetent
  • You reside in Nevada County
  • You will be at least 18 years old at the time of the next election

If all of the above and at least one of the following is true:

  • You are in the military or armed services
  • You are overseas by virtue of employment
  • You are overseas indefinitely
  • You are overseas temporarily
  • You are a spouse or dependent of someone in the military or armed services


If you are not already registered to vote in Nevada County, please register online.

You can also register to vote and request an absentee ballot by filling out a form (PDF) and mailing it to Nevada County Elections Office.

Returning to the U.S.

Upon your return to the United States after residing overseas, you will need to re-register to vote.