Solar Energy Project
Energy Conservation & Solar Energy GenerationBy Resolution 15-352, the County entered into an Agreement with Climatec LLC to develop a program of energy conservation measures and solar energy generation systems at various Nevada County facilities.
Climatec and its partner for the solar energy portion of the project, Sunpower Corporation, have completed their initial design of the project. An application was submitted to the County Planning Department for applicable CEQA and land use approvals, which were granted.
FinancingThe financing plan included issuance of two bond offerings, for the energy conservation and solar energy generation projects respectively. The CREB program applies only to the bond financing the solar projects.
Cost SavingsClimatec and its partner for the solar energy portion of the project have almost completed installation of the solar arrays at the main County Rood Center building. This will generate energy that would be credited to the electrical meters at up to fifty other County and Sanitation District facilities. Overall energy cost savings is estimated to be $8M over the next 20 years. The County will then self-generate approximately 80% of our electricity needs.
Solar InstallationsThe solar installations will be located at the following sites:
- Carl F. Bryan II Juvenile Hall
- Eric Rood Administration Center
- Highway 49 Ranch Property
- Lake of the Pines Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Wayne Brown Correctional Facility
AgreementsThe proposed Ranch Property installation would generate energy that would be credited to the electrical meters at up to fifty other County and Sanitation District facilities. Agreements will be required between the County and the Sanitation District in order to appropriately allocate energy credits and debt service costs between the two entities. Those agreements will be presented along with the contract this spring.
- 3 D Rendering LOP and Ranch Properties 12-23-2015 (PDF)
- Addendum Number 1 (PDF)
- Construction and OM Description and Landscape Plan 12-3-2015 (PDF)
- Construction and OM Description and Landscape Plan 12-3-2015 001 (PDF)
- Nevada County PG and E Accounts (PDF)
- Pre-Proposal Conference Attendees (PDF)
- Ranch Property Structural Detail Final (PDF)
- Request for Qualifications (PDF)
- Sun Power Tracker Sample Structural Sheets (PDF)
- Wetland Delin Sunpower Nevada County Ranch Admin Draft (PDF)
- Wetland Delineation Sunpower LOP Wastewater plant (PDF)