November 14, 2022
3 to 5 p.m.
Due to the public health crisis, this meeting will be conducted virtually. Please email email@example.com for details.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
The Citizens' Oversight Committee (COC) is mandated to review, advise and monitor the Nevada County Library's revenues, expenditures and services. Library Bond Measure A (PDF) is currently active.
The goals of this committee shall be:
- To ensure that the County of Nevada receives all library tax monies collected by the Board of Equalization and that those monies are placed in the Nevada County Library Fund
- To ensure that the County of Nevada annually transfers its maintenance and effort funds, under the provisions of state law, to the Nevada County Library Fund
- To ensure that the Eastern and Western Nevada County libraries are receiving equitable amounts of the Nevada County Library Fund and operate in accordance with the Nevada County Library Strategic Plan to be developed by the Nevada County Librarian during 2003
- To review and advise the County Librarian on the Strategic Plan and the annual County Library Budget
- To facilitate the free flow of regular communication between the Committee and all interested library patrons and organizations
Terms & Meetings
Per March 25, 2003 Board of Supervisors meeting, terms shall be staggered four-year terms. This Committee shall meet at least quarterly and the annual report shall be included in the County’s budget process. For more information visit our Committees and Commissions pages.
To apply, complete an Application Form (PDF).