ADA Certified Passengers and Senior Dial-a-Ride service (seniors 65 and over) is available to Western Nevada County residents during the same days, hours, and service area as the current Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) paratransit service provided by Nevada County Now.
Hours of Service and Fees
Typically, Monday –Friday 6:30 AM – 7:30 PM and Saturday 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM.
Fee per Ride: There is a $4.00 one-way trip fee.
Our service area includes most of Grass Valley and Nevada City. Please click here to see the On-Demand service area map. If your address is near the boundary line please get in touch with us to find out if you qualify for service.
To Request a Ride
- To request a ride, participants will need to call Nevada County Now at (530) 271-7433 or (855) 314-7433. Office hours are Monday- Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Saturday 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- Rides may be requested for the same day, but all Senior Dial-a-Ride trips will be provided on an available capacity basis only, with ADA-mandated trips taking priority.
- For first-time trips, passengers
- Must have their proof of age available and must complete a simple one-page application which will be given to the driver at the time of pick-up.
- If you are 65+ years old, you will need to fill out a simple form and either mail or turn it into your driver. You may also prepare in advance by downloading and/or printing the form from our website and email, fax, or drop off (see flyer for more info).
- If you are disabled, you will need to fill out an ADA Paratransit Service Application. You will need to fill out the application and email, fax, or drop off (see application for more info). You will need to be verified prior to requesting a Dial-A-Ride.
- Please keep in mind that there may need to be an adjustment to your requested time to fit you on the schedule. We appreciate your flexibility.
What information do I need when I schedule a ride?
- Your name and exact address of your pickup.
- The exact address of your destination.
- If you will be traveling with a personal care attendant or companion.
- If you will be using a mobility device; wheelchair, walker, etc.
- Your appointment time.
- Simply provide an identification card that verifies the age of 65 or older, including a State-issued driver’s license or ID card, Nevada County Connects Senior Discount Fare card and Medi-care card.