Nevada County is the first County in California to become an Army PaYS partner offering all County positions under this program to US Army Soldiers. The PaYS program guarantees soldiers an interview with the County if qualified for open positions.
The Partnership for Youth Success (PaYS) Program is a strategic partnership between the U.S. Army and a cross section of corporations, companies, and public sector agencies. The Program provides America's youth with an opportunity to serve their country while they prepare for their future. This unique Program is part of the Army's effort to partner with America's business community and reconnect America with its Army.
Eligible candidates include: Regular Army enlisted Soldiers, Army Reserve Soldiers., Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) Reserve Component Cadets, ROTC Cadets who incur an active duty commitment, Officer Candidate School (OCS), Warrant Officer Flight Training (WOFT) and the Army National Guard (ARNG).
How to Participate
1) Be sure you qualify for this program by reviewing the Army PaYS Factsheet and Program Benefits overview
2) When you apply for any County employment opportunity be sure to check the Army PaYS box on your application.
Why Nevada County
Nevada County is a premier destination for current and former Service Members who wish to pursue a career in public service. The Nevada County Human Resources Department offers a variety Military and Veteran programs that are tailored to fit the unique needs of each participant. We work tirelessly to support you every step of the way from your initial inquiry, placement in an internship and ultimately through your potential transition into a permanent position. We want you to succeed and join the growing community of over 50 current and former service members working in Nevada County Government offices. Learn more about Nevada County and what we have to offer current and former Service Members.
Our Prestigious Department of Labor Recognition "HIRE Vets Platinum Medallion Award"
Nevada County is the only large employer in Northern California with the distinction of the Department of Labor's HIRE Vets Platinum Medallion award. The HIRE Vets Medallion Award is the only federal-level veterans’ employment award that recognizes an organization’s commitment to veteran hiring, retention, and professional development.
- 10% of Nevada County government employees are Veterans
- 85% of Nevada County hired Veteran participants are placed in permanent positions for a minimum of one year
- 10% of employees hired by Nevada County in 2020 are Veterans
- Dedicated Veterans Services Office Veterans Leadership Program
- Additionally, we offer a pay differential/tuition assistance programs and dedicated Human Resources professionals @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>