Military and Veteran Programs
Nevada County is a premier destination for current and former Service Members who wish to pursue a career in public service. The Nevada County Human Resources Department offers a variety Military and Veteran programs that are tailored to fit the unique needs of each participant. We work tirelessly to support you every step of the way from your initial inquiry, placement in an internship and ultimately through your potential transition into a permanent position. We want you to succeed and join the growing community of over 50 current and former service members working in Nevada County Government offices.
If you would like to intern for Nevada County you can start here:
Nevada County, California is one of the most historic and scenic areas of our state. It is a rural county comprising 978 square miles of Northern California and is situated in the beautiful Sierra Nevada foothills and mountains. Nevada County's high tech firms, outstanding schools, world class recreation, rich artistic community and cultural attractions make it a destination for visitors and residents alike.
Military Appreciation in Nevada County
Our Prestigious Department of Labor Recognition "HIRE Vets Platinum Medallion Award"
Nevada County is the only large employer on the West Coast with the distinction of the Department of Labor's HIRE Vets Platinum Large Employer Medallion award. We are one of 17 employers across the Nation with this distinction. The HIRE Vets Medallion Award is the only federal-level veterans’ employment award that recognizes an organization’s commitment to veteran recruiting, hiring, retention, and professional development.
- 10% of Nevada County government employees are Veterans
- 85% of Nevada County hired Veteran participants are placed in permanent positions for a minimum of one year
- 10% of employees hired by Nevada County in 2020 are Veterans
- Dedicated Veterans Services Office
- Veterans Leadership Program
- Additionally, we offer a pay differential/tuition assistance programs and dedicated Human Resources professionals @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>