Youth Leadership Award
This program recognizes outstanding achievements of young Nevada County leaders, ages 13 through 19. The program elevates youth who demonstrate leadership through dedication to and achievement in community service, arts, academics, agriculture, athletics, music or a similar field.
Nominate an exceptional young leader by filling out the application.
- Set a positive example for others
- Translate vision into reality
- Empower others
- Act with integrity
- Take responsibility
- Are humble
- Persevere / overcome obstacles
Leaders can help shape the world around them and open doors of opportunity for themselves and others. This program acknowledges young people in Nevada County who are playing that important role.
- Must be between 13 and 19 years old.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership through dedication to and achievement in community service, arts, academics, agriculture, athletics, music or a similar field.
- Must be nominated by someone other than a family member or relative.
- Must have a letter of recommendation from someone who can personally attest to nominee’s achievements.
Receiving the award:
The County Executive Office will select up to four award recipients per year. Recipients will be invited to attend a Board of Supervisors meeting along with their nominator to briefly describe their community project and officially accept a certificate signed by the Board Chair along with a Nevada County Board of Supervisors Challenge Coin, which are used to recognize special achievements or exchanged in recognition of visits to an organization.
Ryan Bodine, March 9, 2021
Evelyn Grandfield and Jackson Witt, July 27, 2021
Anthony Pritchett, June 14, 2022
Shaun Chilton, June 28, 2022
Nathan and Sydney DuPont, June 28, 2022
Liam Marchi, December 6, 2022
Sam Uelmen, April 25, 2023