Business Information & Resources
Current Safety Measures
Masks are required for unvaccinated individuals in indoor public settings and strongly recommended in indoor public settings for all, regardless of vaccination status.
As of June 15th, capacity and distancing restrictions have been lifted for most businesses and activities. Large-scale indoor events will have vaccination or negative test requirements for attendees through at least October 1st.
Financial Aid for Businesses
Below are "quick links” to the latest business resources and information, especially grants and loans.
For updates on grants and business resources, subscribe to the Coronavirus Business Task Force list at www.mynevadacounty.com/BusinessResourcesSubscription.
Latest Grants & Loans
- Microbusiness Grants
- Agricultural Community Resources
- California Small Business Relief Grant Program
- Emergency Broadband Benefit
- Nevada County Relief Fund: Provides grants to for-profit businesses that are complying with public health guidelines.
- Shuttered Venue Operators Grant
- Learn more about the application process and qualifications for the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant on this recorded webinar hosted by the Northern California SBDC Finance Center.
- The Business page has information for businesses and employers on grants and loans, technical assistance, and how to manage COVID-19 in the workplace. The main https://covid19.ca.gov/ page is full of useful resources and general updates, too.
- The GO Biz site is run by the Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development and is a good resource for Covid-19 resources. Sign up for the GoBiz newsletter to receive updates and announcements as they happen.
- The US Small Business Administration’s site lists Covid-19 guidance and resources; the SBA is currently offering the Paycheck Protection Program; SBA is a good site to learn about the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant, and the Targeted Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL).
The Nevada County Relief Fund provides grants to for-profit businesses that are complying with public health guidelines. Visit their website at www.nevcorelief.org for information on current funding opportunities.
The County's Office of Emergency Services (OES) is offering local small business owners (25 employees or less) masks and hand sanitizer at no cost. Learn more or apply here.
Resources & Support for Local Businesses
- Sierra Small Business Development Center
Provides free one-on-one consulting, training, and funding application assistance to local businesses.
- Nevada County Economic Resource Council
- Alliance for Workforce Development
Provides training and assistance for job seekers and works with businesses to recruit and train staff.
- Grass Valley Downtown Association
- Greater Grass Valley Chamber
- Nevada City Chamber of Commerce
- Nevada County Arts Council
- Penn Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Truckee Chamber of Commerce
Share resources and support with other local small businesses. Moderated by the County of Nevada and the Sierra Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
Download and print signs and graphics to display at your business.
View webinars, workshops, meetings of the COVID-19 Business Resource Task Force, and more.
Still Have Questions?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.