ASSEMBLE GO BAGS FOR YOU & YOUR FAMILY
- Three-day supply of non-perishable food and three gallons of water per person
- Map marked with evacuation routes
- List of important numbers in case your cell phone is lost
- Prescriptions, special medications*
- Assistive devices or durable medical equipment
- Battery-powered radio
- Extra batteries
- Pet & service animal supplies (food, water, carrier, leashes)
- Change of clothing
- Sturdy shoes for walking
- Extra eye glasses or contact lenses
- N95 mask
- An extra set of car keys
- Credit cards, cash,or checks
- Sanitation supplies
- Copies of important documents (birth certificates, passports, etc.)
- Cell phone charging cord and extra battery
- Diaper bag
- First aid kit
- Your Ready, Set, Go! Handbook
*At least a week-long supply of prescription medicines, along with a list of all medications, dosages, and any allergies
HAVE A BACK-UP PLAN
Ensure your household has a back-up plan. Prepare special accommodations if you, or members of your family, are unable to check one or more of the following boxes. Include children, as they may not be with you during an emergency.
- Knows the predetermined emergency meeting place.
- Knows the outside area contact information.
- Knows the location of the Go Bags and can put them in the car.
- Knows how to open the garage door if there is no power.
- Is able to drive during daylight and night time.
- Is able to access transportation.
- Is able to secure and transport required medical equipment.
- Is able to be easily awoken in an emergency
Print check lists (.pdf)