We organized frequently asked questions to help sort the information and address specific concerns. Take some time to learn more and share information with friends and neighbors. Bad information is frustrating and can be a hazard for the community. The more you learn and share, the safer we will all be.
- What are the defensible space laws?
- There are areas of concern in my neighborhood. What is the best way to remedy them?
- I’ve tried talking to neighbors and working with Firewise Communities to create change but it isn’t working. Where can I report a concerning property? Can someone force them to fix it?
- I’m a renter and my landlord is not managing the property. What should I do?
- Where can I dispose of green waste?
- Are there any grants available to help me pay for cleaning up my property?
- What is permissible at the green waste drop sites?
- Can I get a schedule of planned large clearing projects?
- Where can I get materials for my home to make it more fire-resistant?
- How can I find out if I’m in a Firewise Community or learn how to start one?
- I am concerned about visitors to the area not being aware of fire danger. What can I do?
- Are there plans for evacuation routes for Nevada County? If so, what are they?
- How do we plan the best escape route? How can we help our in-town area?
- Are there designated safe spots in case roads are clogged by vehicles evacuating? Can we use existing golf courses, school campuses and carve out more designated safe spots?
- What is being done about County roads’ roadside vegetation?