Online Inspection Scheduling
Inspection scheduling for your active building permit can be completed by accessing our online permitting portal, Citizen Access or ACA. Registration is not required to schedule an inspection.
Important facts to note in regards to inspections:
- Cutoff time for next working day inspections is 12 am (midnight).
- By 8am on your inspection day, you can log into ACA to obtain your two-hour inspection time window.
- Someone over the age of 18 yrs old must be present at the time of inspection.
- Approved plans shall be on-site at the time of inspection
- Ladders shall be onsite and secure per OSHA regulations for the building inspector.
- Work shall remain open and accessible for inspection. If you are not sure if an inspection is required, please call the office to verify before covering up the work.
- To cancel an inspection, please call the office no later than 8 am on the day of the inspection.
- Your permit expires 180 days from the issue date or from your last passing inspection.
Inspection Scheduling for Eastern Nevada County
Effective October 2, 2017, the Nevada County Building Department is expanding service in Eastern Nevada County by offering inspections by appointment on Thursdays. Please follow the procedures below for requesting an appointment:
- All Truckee inspections are performed on Mondays and Thursdays and must be scheduled online at least 2 days in advance. It is best practice to schedule inspections sooner than the cutoff date/time as the inspection schedule fills up during the busy building seasons.
- Digital inspections (inspection must qualify) must be requested via email atBuildingDept@co.nevada.ca.us or by phone at (530) 265-1222 two (2) business days prior to the requested inspection date. Building staff will contact the requesting party within 24 hrs of the request to confirm the inspection date depending on project applicability, staff availability, and inspection demands. The person on site completing the digital building inspection with the Building Department staff member shall have mobile service at the project site and have Facetime or Skype installed on their mobile device(s).
If Monday is a Federal holiday, inspections will be conducted on the next business day. Eastern Nevada County includes all areas of Unincorporated Nevada County East of Yuba Gap to the Nevada State line and the Bowman Lake area, Yuba Gap, Kingvale, Soda Springs, Truckee, and Floriston.
Inspection related documents:
- As-Built Plan Review-Inspection Requirements (PDF)
- Foundation Inspection Checklist (PDF)
- Inspection Scheduling Handout (PDF)
- Permit Extension Request Form (Fillable) (PDF)
- Reroofing Inspection Guidelines Policy (BD-BI-07-005) (PDF)
- Residential Final Building Inspection Checklist (PDF)
- Roofing Inspection Guidelines (PDF)
- Shear-Roof Inspection Checklist (PDF)
- Smoke Alarm Carbon Monoxide Declaration (PDF)