The Amphitheater was dedicated in June 2017 in memory of Marian E. Gallaher, M.D., a strong local advocate for children and the arts. It is intended for use in Library programs, as well as free public performances by other organizations.
- Check the Marian E. Gallaher, M.D. Amphitheater Calendar for current availability and reservations.
- The Amphitheater is open to individuals, community groups, nonprofit organizations, County of Nevada departments, committees & commissions.
- Available daily from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- You may submit an online reservation request or call the Administration Office at 530-265-7079 to schedule the Amphitheater. Reservations are pending until confirmed by Library Administration staff.
- During library open hours 3 parking spaces will be allowed for set-up. All other attendees are requested to use the Rood Center parking lot.
- Amphitheater capacity is 66 persons standing.
- Cost: Free. Donations to the Library are acceptable.
- For performances that are open to the public at no cost.
- Temporary trash containers are available by prior arrangement.
- Noise from the Amphitheater must comply with Chapter 8.30 of the Nevada City Municipal Code (Available from the Library upon request).
- Leave the space clean and in good condition. All trash must be picked up and removed.
- Smoking, alcohol, candles, or open flames are not allowed.
- The space may not be utilized as food service facility.
- The area is not to be used for fundraising or commercial concerns. Charging fees, or conducting sales of any kind is prohibited.
- Donations are acceptable.
For more information email us or call 530-265-7079.