The Assessor's Office uses forms that are prescribed and / or recommended by the California Board of Equalization and pertain to local county assessments, exemption claims, exclusions, and changes in ownership for property taxation purposes.
Most forms can be downloaded directly from the Cal Assessor e-Forms website. The only exceptions are forms that are specific to Nevada County and a few not yet available via the e-Forms' site.
Voter passed Proposition 19 in November 2020. This legislation affects Parent-Child and Grandparent-Grandchild Exclusions and Base Year Value Transfers. Forms and more information on Proposition 19.
New Construction Cost Statement
To submit a Cost Statement, click here Version OptionsAssessor FormsHeadline Version OptionsAssessor FormsHeadline.
- Application for Reassessment of Property Damaged by Misfortune or Calamity (PDF)
- Assessor Parcel Map Example (PDF)
- Agent Authorization (PDF)
- Certification of Attendance for Aircraft of Historical Significance (PDF)
- Change of Ownership Statement
- Change in Ownership Statement Death of Real Property Owner
- Map FAQs (PDF)
- Property Tax Welfare Exemption (PDF)
- Publication 30 Residential Property Assessment Appeals (PDF)
- Claim for Builders Exemption from Supplemental Assessment (PDF)
- Mailing Address Change Form (PDF)
- Religious Exemption Change in Eligibility or Termination Notice
- Request For Informal Assessment Review 2023-2024 (PDF)
- Request for Information
- Preliminary Change of Ownership Report
- Short Term Rental Property Statement for 2024