Accessing Services Remotely
- Visit BenefitsCal.com to apply online, upload documents, renew benefits, or report changes
- Call 530-265-1340 if you have questions about your case or need to request a new BIC or EBT card
- Call 1-877-328-9677 to check your EBT balance
- All Medi-Cal renewals are waived until June 2023 at the earliest. You will receive a renewal packet in the mail when it is time for your renewal - to update your mailing address, please call 530-265-1340
- Employment Services orientation can be completed online.
How To Apply
You can apply online at BenefitsCal.com. You can also visit any of our offices to apply in person, or call 530-265-1340 or email us to request a paper application in the mail.
Types of Coverage
Medical Coverage is available for individuals and families through programs including Medi-Cal, Medicare Premium Payment assistance, and the County Medical Services Program (CMSP).
Medi-Cal is California's Medicaid health care program. This is a public health insurance program that pays for a variety of medical services for children and adults with limited income and resources.
Medicare Premium Payment Programs
Medicare is a federal health insurance program for people 65 or older, and some younger people with disabilities. To apply for Medicare, you need to go through the federal government - you can apply online at Medicare.gov.
If you have Medicare coverage, Medi-Cal may be able to pay your Medicare Part B premiums through a Medicare Premium Payment Programs (MPPP). You may also be eligible to Medicare and Medi-Cal coverage at the same time, which can help reduce your out-of-pocket costs.
County Medical Services Program (CMSP)
County Medical Services Program (CMSP) is Nevada County's public health insurance program which provides health care services for adults not eligible for Medi-Cal.
Adults must meet income and asset tests to access the program. CMSP is funded by the County in cooperation with other smaller, rural counties.
Medi-Cal Has Dental Covered!
Keeping your teeth healthy is one of the best things you can do for your overall health. Many dental services are covered under Medi-Cal, such as cleanings, fillings, root canals, tooth removal and dentures. Visit www.smilecalifornia.org for more information on covered services, and to find a dentist who accepts Medi-Cal.