Coronavirus Information: Accessing Services Remotely
- Visit BenefitsCal.com to apply online, upload documents, renew benefits, or report changes.
- Call 530-265-1340 if you have questions about your case or need to request a new BIC or EBT card.
- Call 1-877-328-9677 to check your EBT balance. All Medi-Cal renewals are waived until further notice.
- CalFresh and CalWORKs renewals may be completed without an interview in some situations.
- Employment Services orientation can be completed online.
How To Apply
Types of Coverage
Medical Coverage is available for individuals and families through programs including Medi-Cal, Medicare Premium Payment assistance, and the County Medical Services Program (CMSP).
Medi-Cal is California's Medicaid health care program. This is a public health insurance program that pays for a variety of medical services for children and adults with limited income and resources.
Medicare Premium Payment Programs
Medicare is a federal health insurance program for people 65 or older, and some younger people with disabilities. To apply for Medicare, you need to go through the federal government - you can apply online at Medicare.gov.
If you have Medicare coverage, Medi-Cal may be able to pay your Medicare Part B premiums through a Medicare Premium Payment Programs (MPPP). You may also be eligible to Medicare and Medi-Cal coverage at the same time, which can help reduce your out-of-pocket costs.
County Medical Services Program (CMSP)
County Medical Services Program (CMSP) is Nevada County's public health insurance program which provides health care services for adults not eligible for Medi-Cal.
Adults must meet income and asset tests to access the program. CMSP is funded by the County in cooperation with other smaller, rural counties.
Medi-Cal Has Dental Covered!
Keeping your teeth healthy is one of the best things you can do for your overall health. Many dental services are covered under Medi-Cal, such as cleanings, fillings, root canals, tooth removal and dentures. Visit www.smilecalifornia.org for more information on covered services, and to find a dentist who accepts Medi-Cal.