How to Schedule An Inspection
Ways to Schedule an Inspection:
- Inspection scheduling for your active building permit can be completed by
Requirements for All Inspections
- Approved plans shall be on-site at the time of inspection
- Ladders shall be on-site and secure per OSHA regulations for the building inspector.
- Someone over the age of 18 yrs old must be present at the time of inspection.
- To cancel an inspection, please call the office no later than 8 a.m. on the day of the inspection.
- Work shall remain open and accessible for inspection. If you are not sure if an inspection is required, please call the office to verify before covering up the work.
- Your permit expires 12 months (1 year) from the issue date or from your last passing inspection.
Western Nevada County - Inspection Tips
Import information regarding inspections include:
- By 8 a.m. on your inspection day, you can view Today's Inspections to obtain the start of your two-hour inspection time window.
- Cutoff time for the next working day inspections is 12 a.m. (midnight).
Eastern Nevada County (Yuba Gap/Bowman Lake to Floriston) - Inspection Tips
Please follow the procedures below for requesting an appointment:
- All Easter Nevada County inspections are performed on
- Mondays and Thursdays
- Must be scheduled online at least 2 days in advance.
- It is best practice to schedule inspections sooner than the cutoff date/time as the inspection schedule fills up during the busy building seasons.
- By 8 a.m. on your inspection day by calling the office or checking the Today's Inspection link to obtain the start of two-hour inspection time window.
- If Monday is a Federal holiday, inspections will be conducted on the next business day. Eastern Nevada County includes all areas of Unincorporated Nevada County East of Yuba Gap to the Nevada State line and the Bowman Lake area, Yuba Gap, Kingvale, Soda Springs, Truckee, and Floriston.
- Virtual/Digital inspections (inspection must qualify) must be requested via email or by phone at (530) 265-1222 two (2) business days prior to the requested inspection date. Building staff will contact the requesting party within 24 hrs of the request to confirm the inspection date depending on project applicability, staff availability, and inspection demands. The person on site completing the digital building inspection with the Building Department staff member shall have mobile service at the project site and have Facetime or Skype installed on their mobile device(s).